MKFC completes its project ”eTeacher Training at Teacher Training Colleges” Rwanda with the collaboration of Innovation for Education and Ministry of Education Rwanda. The project was funded by [ https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-development ]DFID. The project was considered as one of the best project among 26 project on innovation for education. Following are some important key developments of the project.
- Throughput rate > 90%
• 90 teachers are ICT competent, active participants in local and online communities, change agents by sharing knowledge.
• 11 future eTutors have achieved 100% satisfaction rate from teacher training colleges.
• Significant positive change towards student-centered teaching approach and pedagogical use of ICT.
• 6 Teacher Training Colleges involved in Project (Save, Matimba, Rubengera, Kiambo, Gacuba II, Lycee de Kigali)
• Starting of MOODLE at Rwandan Education Board for future eLearning
• Technical training of staff for local takeover of MOODLE